- LaRossa Ralph. Grounded Theory Procedures and you may Qualitative Loved ones Browse. Diary of ; 67 :837–857. [Google Pupil]
- Lewis Oscar. Los angeles vida: A beneficial Puerto Rican family unit members on people of impoverishment. Ny: Haphazard House; 1966. [Google Pupil]
- Liebow Elliot. Tally’s place: A study of Negro streetcorner guys. Boston: Absolutely nothing, Brown; 1967. [Yahoo Beginner]
- Mason Karen, Smith Herbert. Husbands’ as opposed to wives’ fertility specifications and rehearse of contraception: The brand new determine off sex perspective from inside the four Parts of asia. Demography. 2000; 37 (3):299–311. [PubMed] [Yahoo Pupil]
- Miles Matthew, Michael Huberman A good. Qualitative analysis study: An expanded sourcebook. dos. Thousand Oaks: Sage Courses; 1994. [Yahoo Scholar]
- Oropesa RS, Landale Nancy, Kenkre Tanya. Earnings allocation for the marital and you may cohabiting unions: The way it is out of mainland Puerto Ricans. Journal of ; 65 :910–926. [Google College student]
- Pahl Jan. The new allotment of cash while the structuring away from inequality inside relationships. Sociological Opinion. 1983; 30 :237–262. [PubMed] [Yahoo Scholar]
- Patton Michael. Qualitative testing and you will look procedures. 2. Newbury Park, CA: Sage E-books; 1990. [Google College student]
- Perez Gina. Brand new close northwest front facts: Migration, displacement, & Puerto Rican families. Berkeley: College out of Ca Drive; 2004. [Yahoo Scholar]
All of our investigation was guided conceptually by a relative financial support direction presented from inside the cultural and you will contextual skills off reasonable-income Puerto Rican ladies. We address three research inquiries: (1) Just what character carry out homes dependency and sexual relationships play in late adolescent ladies’ exit regarding natal family? (2) Exactly what demands create mothers’ deal with during the securing separate construction? (3) For these mothers which procure independent construction, exactly how are the intimate mate relationship influenced? I ending having a discussion of your own effects from the research getting future degree.
Studies and techniques
The great benefits of it methodological means are two-flex. Earliest, once the data was indeed collected as an element of a great longitudinal research, we view the event of participants less pictures in the long run but while the techniques by which they make solutions in the housing on their own as well as their dependents you to change the designs, course, and you will top-notch close mate dating. 2nd, ethnographic investigation, obtained because of fellow member observance along with-depth semi-prepared interviews, are multiple-dimensional where it reveals behavioral patterns throughout the years and you may allows us to simply take just what participants say plus just what they actually do.
Findings: Housing and you can Matchmaking Journeys
Yolanda’s instance signifies a period out-of cohabitation and you may childbearing among adolescent mothers that was receive certainly one of six most other respondents. That it trend began whenever respondents left the natal home no place to live and you will little to no assets to help you secure independent houses. Rather than Evelyn just who secure a community property tool, anyone else, such Yolanda, needed to use other homes measures such as typing a beneficial relationship with an enchanting spouse just who you will definitely promote fast access to help you casing. Partner-mainly based homes, therefore, turned a leave method these types of respondents always hop out new natal family.
Lena, the same as many respondents from the data, got a beneficial tumultuous young people. At the many years eleven, she became homeless when the woman dad’s real discipline pushed the lady in order to go out. Across the second four years, Lena bounced escort review Pueblo regarding promote worry so you’re able to the girl mother’s house up to she came across and you will quickly went within the to the dad off this lady earliest kid from the years 15. It matchmaking live on and off for 2 years from which time Lena inserted a time period of bicycling inside and out from dating across the next fifteen years getting a maximum of eight people fathered by six men.
Seventeen-year-old Inez stayed in a great about three-rooms flat together one or two youngsters and you may sweetheart, Luis, which she shadowed. The couple first started relationship when they was basically 13-years-old. They had the earliest child on many years sixteen. Luis was not happy with fatherhood and wanted out from the experience of Inez. Inez was convinced that she wished Luis in her own lives very she cajoled your to the partnership into the vow of taking a flat. Thus, she experienced several months regarding sheltering herself and her several children up until she obtained a casing choices discount. Not only did Inez and get casing on her behalf, Luis, and their children, she and additionally had Luis’s son support costs stopped just after he went during the with her. She asserts, although not, one to Luis are only able to remain in the new flat in the event that he provided on the cash and you may contributed to the youngsters. Whenever requested in the event the she regarded biguously, “all depends, but a great deal more no since if we obtain married I am going to need certainly to put him towards lease toward flat and that i cannot should just take people threats. Their money would have to be integrated and you may I’m scared of dropping the new flat.”